Wednesday, November 16, 2011

WV Camper has a google plus page



When we first started converting our van to a campervan I set up a blog and I set up a twitter account, both of the same name.  I have toyed with the idea of setting up a facebook page but thought it would look a bit sad with no page likes, so I've never bothered.  However as I can't resist gadgets and playing around with new stuff I thought I'd have a go at setting up a page on Google plus as it's now been opened up to just about everyone including businesses and organisations.

I'm impressed with it up to now, though just like facebook it's looking a little bit lonely there without a soul in it's circles, but it's brand new so there's time.  After all the campervan isn't finished, it's winter anyway, so there's plenty of time for things to take off.  

I'm thinking it's a place where I can do little mini posts and hopefully at some stage in the future interact with other camper van self builders.  There is a bit of content on already, I've been making public my support for Fair Fuel UK who have long been campaigning for a cut in fuel duty.  The extortionate price of filling up your vehicle these days must have a bearing on how far and how often people are willing to travel for holidays and weekends away.  I shouldn't imagine towing a caravan is such a cheap way to tour the country any more and this must be having some impact on UK tourism.

I will make sure that it won't all be doom and gloom, so if you stop by here at some later date just click on the red G+ symbol just to the right of the page and add us to your circle, we'd love to meet you. You could of course do it now, go on take a peak - make me happy.  Oh and I just thought I'd mention too that if you enjoy reading any particular post you can click on the little +1 button at the bottom of the post.  You don't have to be part of google plus to use this and even if you are you don't have to be signed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment